Window film is a thin laminate film that can be applied to glass. Application can be carried externally or internally to upgrade the performance existing glass and glazing depending on the required outcome.
We offer a wide range of filming to our clients, our vans all carry emergency safety film to make safe broken glass in the first instance where necessary.
However we also carry out:
Safety film - in order to upgrade existing glass areas to comply existing glazing guidelines for safety glass and critical areas. The film increases the glass durability and if the glass is broken, the film holds the glass together protecting people from shards and consequential injury.
Privacy film - this can be achieved in different ways depending on the desired outcome as detailed below;
- Frosted window film (solid or patterned) - this gives a matt or etched effect to glass therefore giving privacy from both sides. Unlike blackout film the Frosted film still allows lots of light to pass through the glass, with multiple patterned designs also available its versatility allows privacy but also can add an element of decoration and style where total privacy isn’t required.
- Solar reflective film - these give a mirrored effect and provides one way privacy as its dependant on light, when it is light outside then the glass provides reflective mirrored effect to the outside providing internal privacy but as the light balance changes and its darker outside than it is inside the reflective mirrored qualities are reversed, therefore making it ideal for ‘daytime privacy’ but not beyond that.
- Complete black out film – this option is used where total privacy is required and maybe you don’t wish to see what’s on the other side of the glass. We have also applied this film where photographic development requires darkness.
Solar reflective film – Used to reduce heat and solar glare from the sun. Very commonly used in offices where heat reduction and glare reduction is required (especially on computer screens), conservatories and rooms that are south facing. Also used to provide ‘daytime privacy’ as highlighted above, giving a mirrored effect and a (slight tint internally).
The performance of this film can offer:
- Up to 80% reduction in summer heat gain – resulting in more comfortable living or work spaces from lower room temperatures.
- Up to 90% reduction in light or sun glare.
- Up to 99.9% UV protection – reducing and slowing down the fading of furniture and curtains as well as skin protection.
Manisfestation – These are typically 2 rows of frosted dots or squares (sometimes even company logos) that applied to glass at heights of 800mm and 1500mm from the ground. Their job is to make sure that people don’t walk into or through glazing like shop fronts, supermarkets, gyms and hotel entrances for example.